Andy and Ryan would like to welcome you to Newburgh House.
Newburgh House is a charming and elegant stone house, sitting behind a carefully shaped topiary hedge. A beautiful, traditional walled garden can be found at the rear of the house, with private parking to the side.
Immediately on entering Newburgh's reception area, the tone is set for a delightful and relaxing stay. The comfort of all the guests is priority, as can be felt in the warm, book-lined sitting room with its traditional furnishings.
After a heavenly night's sleep in a splendid hand-made bed, begin your day in relaxed style looking over the garden from the sunlit breakfast room. In the evening, enjoy amazing local produce from a number of award-winning pubs and restaurants in the area. Expect the best fresh, locally sourced or home grown produce in your meals at Newburgh.
Your Bed & Breakfast Hosts
Andy and Ryan enjoy nothing more than sharing their beautiful and peaceful home with their many guests. Looking after their clientele is second nature to them, having between them 40 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
To describe the location as picturesque is just scratching the surface. Many historical and cultural attractions can be found nearby including Newburgh Priory, Shandy Hall as well as Rievaulx, Fountains and Byland Abbeys. Further afield are Castle Howard, as are Nunnington Benningborough and Newby Halls. The beautiful and historic city of York is only 16 miles away, as are several race courses.
How to find Newburgh House Bed & Breakfast (B&B)
Take the A1 North, bypass Boroughbridge on the A168 to Thirsk. Bypass Thirsk, joining the A19 South to York. After 2 miles on the A19 you come to a sign showing Coxwold, Byland Abbey & Helmsley - turn left to Coxwold. After 4 miles you enter the village at the top end passing the pub to your left. Head down the hill, over the crossroads and after a quarter of a mile you will see a lake on your left. Newburgh is the first house on the left past the lake.
Newburgh House Guestbook Reviews
- "Thankyou for a taste of Yorkshire - it's all we expected it to be and more"
- "Wonderful bed, great breakfast"
- "Gorgeous - 6 Stars - Thankyou"
- "Lovely gracious hospitality - thankyou"
- "It's Heaven"
- "What a wonderful haven"
- "A joy to be here again"
- "We wish we could have stayed longer - totally wonderful"
- "Thank you very much for a major contribution to our Golden Wedding Weekend"
- "Unaminous verdict...Fish Pie of the Year"
- "Excellent... best B&B we have ever stayed in"
- "Just what we needed"
- "Home from Home, with all the extras"
- "Great area to visit and a fantastic place to stay"
- "Attention to detail... impressed"
- "Love this place ...thank you"
- "Tenth visit... can't wait until next year"
- "Lovely house, Lovely room - Super hosts"
- "Wonderfully warm, happy, comfortable and oodles of HOT WATER"
- "Superb everything, lovely views, lovely family, great welcome"
- "The perfect stay... they don't come any better"
- "Excellent stay... pleased it matched the recommendation!"
- "Exclusive as usual... don't change"
- "Blissfully comfortable and fabulous food"
- "You make having strangers in your home look easy"
- "A warm welcome, lovely house in a delightful location - the ingredients for a wonderful few days"
- "Super find - best sleep ever"
- "Fantastic weekend, impeccable food and hospitality... wonderful spacious room"
- "Brilliant... way up the top of the Wolsey Lodges"
- "Top rated food, hospitality and room"