Bed & Breakfast
Coxwold, North Yorkshire
Newburgh House is a charming and elegant stone house sitting behind a carefully shaped topiary hedge. A beautiful, traditional walled garden can be found at the rear of the house, with private parking to the side.
Immediately on entering Newburgh’s reception area, the tone is set for a delightful and relaxing stay. The comfort of all the guests is priority, as can be felt in the warm, book-lined sitting room with its traditional furnishings.
After a heavenly night’s sleep in a splendid hand-made bed, begin your day in relaxed style looking over the garden from the sunlit breakfast room. In the evening, enjoy amazing local produce from a number of award-winning pubs and restaurants in the area. Expect the best fresh, locally sourced or home grown produce in your meals at Newburgh House.
Our tradition of best service
40 Years of hospitality….
We enjoy nothing more than sharing our beautiful & peaceful home. Looking after our guests is second nature to us, having over 40 years of combined experience in the hospitality industry.
Since meeting at ‘The Hinds Head’ in Bray in 2001 we’ve gained a wealth of experience in a variety of establishments, all of which have lead us to taking over Newburgh House in April 2017. This has given us the opportunity to combine our love of hospitality with our love of baking & gardening, growing and using as much of our own produce as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to Newburgh House!
Ryan & Andy
Providing a Home from Home
Red Room - Deluxe Superking Double
Our Superking Suite is a very large airy room with triple aspect windows overlooking the gardens, countryside and our very own chicken run (these girls provide us with the freshest eggs for your breakfast). It also has a large En-suite bath and shower room.
£140/night – no single occupancy
Pink Room - Deluxe King Double
The Kingsize Suite is a spacious room with a seating area, over looking the fields and a large en-suite bathroom with a separate bath & shower.
£130/night – single occupancy £110/night
Garden - Deluxe king Double
Entering the Kingsize room you are drawn to the windows overlooking the garden. There is lots of space & light in this room with an en-suite bathroom.
£120/night – single occupancy £100/night
Charlotte - Deluxe Double
Our double En-suite is bright & airy, packed full of character with a spacious bathroom.
£110/night – single occupancy £90/night
Fiona - Double with Shared Bathroom
The Double with a shared bathroom is large and has stunning views over the fields opposite the house and a cosy seating area.
£100/night – single occupancy £80
Twin - with shared bathroom
Our comfortable twin room has views over the garden and is traditionally furnished.
£100/night – single occupancy £80/night
About the Accommodation
The rooms are all given a soft, relaxing & homely feel. A hospitality tray is provided with home made treats as well as a TV with DVD & Radio, hair dryer, fluffy white towels, bathrobes & luxury toiletries.
Wi-fi is available as standard for all visitors.
Please note, we do not offer single occupancy rates at weekends.
Additional ‘Z’ beds – £30 per night.
Please note, not all rooms can accommodate a ‘Z’ bed so please call or email for more information.
Open all year round except Christmas (closed December 22nd until January 5th). Private off-road parking is available for guests.
Children are welcome as are well behaved dogs (please note we do keep 2 rooms completely pet free). If you wish to bring your dog we charge a £15 per night supplement. Please be aware that we have our very own sociable Fur Babies.
Breakfast is a relaxed & lavish affair, enjoyed in the breakfast room overlooking the garden. Help yourself to the cold buffet whilst we prepare your choice of cooked breakfast.
Served every Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 12noon until 4pm. Showcasing our love for all things home baked & homemade with a different offering each week. Booking recommended.
Unwind after the days events in our cosy guest lounge with a board of charcuterie, cheeses, home marinated olives, homemade chutneys, artisan breads & crackers. Please give us 24 hours notice.
Celebrating? Why not order a delicious homemade cake from us? Some cakes can be ordered with as little as 72 hours’ notice
See what our customers have to say...
Weddings and Group Bookings
Escape to the countryside
Coxwold is a picturesque North Yorkshire village, in an area steeped in history and atmosphere. Most of the houses are stone-built and it also offers two excellent public houses and the beautiful church of St. Michael. Visitors can also enjoy some of the best country walks and drives in the country.
The Local Area
There are plenty of interesting visitor attractions within a 20 mile reach – including Shandy Hall, Newburgh Priory, Fountains, Byland and Rievaulx Abbeys. Newby, Nunnington and Beningbrough Halls are also nearby, as is the stunning Castle Howard. If you like market towns you’ll love Thirsk, Helmsley and Easingwold which all have their own individual charm. A favourite destination is the historic city of York, which is also less than 15 miles away.
Within an hour in the car are the East Coast resorts of Scarborough, Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay, passing through the North Yorkshire Moors, home of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
As well as Newburgh House’s own dining facilities, there are a variety of local pubs and restaurants to take advantage of during your stay.
Staying Safe For The Love Of Guests
Here at Newburgh House the health, safety & wellbeing of our guests is of paramount importance to us. We have stepped up our cleaning procedures as well as changing what we do a little to ensure that if you come & stay at Newburgh House your stay will be as comfortable as possible whilst staying healthy & safe. A full ‘Government Covid-19’ risk assessment has been carried out & new procedures put in place…
- Increased cleaning of all ‘highly touched’ areas such as light switches, keys, door& window handles, table tops, chairs etc. Our ‘call bell’ has been replacedwith telephone contact by call or text.
- Various sanitizing stations throughout the house including one in each room
- Rooms will be left with a kettle, mugs & teaspoons but tea, coffee, sugar, milk, treats & toiletries will be provided on request at check-in. A tray will be brought to your room when we have shown you in. Coffee & sugar have been changed to single use sachets.
- Correct hand wash procedure signage will be found at all hand wash locations
- During your stay we will not enter your room for any servicing needs. To request any extras or replacements guests can let us know at breakfast & they will be left outside the room door using a ‘swap out’ system.
- Our 2 rooms with a shared bathroom will not be occupied at the same time unless the guests are from the same household.
- At all meal service & preparation times gloves, facemasks & aprons will be worn.
- All tables will be left completely empty and everything you need will be delivered to the table& sanitized thoroughly between each use.
- Afternoon Tea service will resume at the usual times of 12noon until 4pm Friday – Sunday. Booking is advised as although we have added extra outside seating, inside space will be a little compromised. This enables us to execute the 1meter minimum but 2 meter where possible rule.
- Breakfast times will need to be booked the night before. Along with a pre-order this enables us to ‘stagger’ the amount of guests into the breakfast room.
- The guest lounge will remain open but we ask that no groups of more than 4 sit in any seating area within at one time.
- We ask all guests to use ‘common sense’ when moving throughout the house &respect the safety& wellbeing of one another.
We are sure you understand that these measures are in place to keep us all safe & well. These are strange times & this affects the way we take a ‘staycation’ but rest assured we will do everything to keep your stay safe & enjoyable.
Take the A1 North, bypass Boroughbridge on the A168 to Thirsk. Bypass Thirsk, joining the A19 South to York. After 2 miles on the A19 you come to a sign showing Coxwold, Byland Abbey & Helmsley – turn left to Coxwold.
After 4 miles you enter the village at the top end passing the pub to your left. Head down the hill, over the crossroads and after a quarter of a mile you will see a lake on your left. Newburgh is the first house on the left past the lake
Parking is through the double-white gates next to the house